- Latest News
- The Pittsburgh Banjo Club Entertains Veterans
- Ohio Twp Police Reports - 11/23 thru 11/29
- Bellevue Holiday Celebration - Friday, December 2nd
- Avalon Library Events - 11/30 thru 12/12
- Northgate School District News
- Bayne Library Events - 11/29 thru 12/28
- Tears of a Cop
- Above All Things (sermon)
- Northgate Superintendent's Blog
- Vietnam Veterans Monument Dedicated
- Local Writer to Sign Book
- Bellevue Police Reports - 10/26 thru 11/8
- Avonworth School District News
- Susan Matthews Art Exhibit at the Hermann
- Avalon Police Reports - 10/7 thru 10/19
- Veterans of Camp LeJuene - Benefits
- New Horizons - Peer Support Center
- Are You Aware? Find Out About Crime in Your Community
- Looking for a Job?
Word of the Day-Faustian
None At This Time
The Pittsburgh Banjo Club performs at the VA Hospital in Aspinwall for the hospitalized Veterans. The group, led by Frank Rossi (a Banjo Hall of Fame Member) volunteers their time with the Military Order of the Cooties (a VFW Honor Degree Organization) annually to entertain the vets.
Local Writer Signs Books During Bellevue Holiday Celebration
Award-winning writer, Hana Haatainen-Caye, will be signing books at The Shepherd’s Door in Bellevue on Friday, December 2, 2016 from 6-8 p.m. during the Bellevue Holiday Celebration. She will also present a reading of her story, Charity, at 7:30 p.m. Charity appeared in CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: MERRY CHRISTMAS. This is Haatainen-Caye’s ninth story to appear in the CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL anthologies.
Proceeds for the sales of the book will benefit The Shepherd’s Door, a non-profit organization that offers programs at no cost to youth and families in the community. The Shepherd’s Door store offers a variety of Christian gifts and Bibles as well as Fair Trade items, including food, home décor, and jewelry. Staffed by volunteers, proceeds from the store fund community programs. Also available at The Shepherd’s Door are signed copies of Hana Haatainen-Caye’s book, GREEN GRANDMA’S VINEGAR FRIDAYS.
The Bellevue Holiday Celebration community activities include carol sings, horse and carriage rides, the traditional tree lighting ceremony, and the highly anticipated arrival of Santa Claus.
The Shepherd’s Door is located at 563 Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue, PA 15202. For more information, contact Executive Director Jennifer Slavicek at 412.761.4310.
Looking for a Job?
- More Jobs
- More Help Finding Them
- More Choices
Avonworth School District
School Board Notes -Regular Meeting November 14, 2016
Mrs Frew Named Chevron/Steeler "Leaders in the Classroom" Winner
High School Principal Steps Down to Take helm at West Middlesex
Words of Faith:
"Above All Things"
Sermon by Rev Dr John Lolla, Jr.
Looking for a Job?
Looking for an Employee?
Post Announcements and Best Wishes for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Special Occasions
Send to: email@example.com
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
Did you serve in the Corps?
Would you like to help other Marines?
Become a member of the:
3 Rivers Leatherneck Detachment #310
Fact..... Epilepsy affects over 3 million Americans of all ages – more than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and Parkinson’s disease combined. Almost 500 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the United States. Epilepsy affects 50,000,000 people worldwide.